Accountant - Group Finance
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
Due to internal promotion, we are currently looking for an experienced Accountant to join our high performing finance team based in Birmingham. Although the role is based at our Solihull Head Office, we are currently employing a flexible, hybrid working model.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it is important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The Accountant is part of the Group Finance Team, working within the Shared Service Centre’s, Reporting and Consolidation team.
The Team produce the majority of the statutory accounts for subsidiaries and joint ventures of Tarmac, and the Accountant will help produce those accounts that are required to be filed at certain dates at Companies House. The Team work closely with Corporate Tax to produce the data required to be able to produce the requisite tax calculations and year end returns. The Accountant will need to work closely with the external auditors of the respective companies and answer any queries they may have, which will involve liaising with other people in the business to get a timely response. In addition to the main Reporting role, there will be
- Month end close process responsibilities
- Journal compliance reviews
- Balance sheet reconciliations with a strong adherence to policies and financial controls
- Report key data to SSC management, the wider Tarmac business, Financial Control and Planning teams, Corporate Tax and CRH Group Tax teams.
The Ideal Candidate
- We are looking for a part or fully qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA Accountant with a minimum of 2 years accounting work experience. This is an excellent opportunity for a finance or analytics professional to develop their career in a large organisation.
- Has produced statutory accounts
- Comfortable in using accounts production software
- Has experience of external audit
- Has worked in a Shared Services environment or similar financial teams
- Has prepared both journals and reconciliations to a high standard
- Has excellent excel skills
- Has a track record of resolving problems from identification through to remediation
- Has experience of an internal control framework, such as Sarbanes Oxley
- Analytical/ accounting experience in large multi-site, construction or manufacturing businesses is highly desirable
- Ability to manage time productively, and efficiently
- Ability to work under pressure to deliver against multiple deadlines
- Devise and implement process improvements for greater reporting efficiencies
- Ability to build strong relationships with entity finance teams
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities ( employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+ , Parents & carers, Ability , Wellbeing, Female voice and menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited