Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac Plc, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH.
We are currently looking for an Accounts Administrator to join our finance team based in Abergavenny. In this role you’ll process all invoices relating to the WBC hire services following processes as required as well reporting on a range of KPI achievements. You will also support the WBC Finance Manager, as your line manager, with any ad hoc analysis of performance as directed. The successful candidate will work to ensure governance and compliance is adhered to with SOx, accounting standards and rules of business. Additionally, you can expect to be responsible for providing supporting evidence for contract cost reporting and working alongside colleagues to ensure operating efficiencies and process development. This challenging and exciting role will also see you supporting the businesses to ensure that costs are processed timely and accurately and all supplier and commercial team queries are dealt with proactively.
In this role you will be responsible for a number of tasks including:
- Supporting the WBC plant manager and finance manager in the preparation of the 5 year strategic plan and regional business plans
- Providing up to date cost support to ensure best practices are shared and delivered across the business
- Developing, implementing and managing a suite of KPI’s and leading metrics to manage current and future cash performance, influencing future strategic decisions
- Acting as an ambassador for the business, representing its values internally and externally.
- Processing invoices with VAT compliance business performance
- To aid process improvements to support the achievement of key KPIs
- Working alongside the purchasing team leads to understand and manage cash outflows.
- Challenging the commercial teams to ensure policy compliance adherence to rules of business and managing the implementation of an ongoing management of SOx controls within the Business
- Driving a supplier centric approach for the team and ensuring compliance to group policies, processes, procedures and tools to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and compliance
- Assessing the business unit risks and opportunities and making recommendations as appropriate
- Adopting and controlling all group P2P policies and management in the business
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate does not necessarily need any specific educational skills, but an AAT qualification will be an advantage. It is likely that your proven prior experience in a finance department where you have demonstrated strong communicating skills and the ability to work along the commercial arm of the business to understand the importance and relevance of processing timely will also be highly beneficial. You’ll have demonstrable experience and skills in numeracy and MS office 365 in addition to a practical knowledge of identifying and driving process change and improvements leading to continual improvement.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited