Administrator - Highways - Part Time
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for an Administrator - Highways to join our fantastic team here at Tarmac Halton and Warrington site, in Cheshire. The role is easily commutable from Warrington, Liverpool, Bootle, Wallasey, West Kirkby, Birkenhead, Stockport, Salford, Ellesmere Port, Widnes, Runcorn, Halewood, Bolton, Wigan, St Helens, Northwich, Knutsford, Lymm, Chester, Manchester, Stockport and the surrounding areas.
Due to the nature of the Administrator - Highways role, hybrid working may be considered on completion of successful training.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the Administrator - Highways you will have worked in a similar industry providing administrative support to your wider team and the Tarmac group. Other responsibilities for this role will include:
- Working with the operations teams to coordinate all requirements and place required orders for site works
- Check and process operative timesheets on a daily basis in line with business cut off periods
- Updating various departmental spreadsheets with information as and when it is available to maintain control on ownership, cost and utilisation
- Processing of Abnormal Loads notifications
- Supporting and coordinating where necessary the organisation of training courses as required
- Raise purchase order requisitions and goods receipt on receipt of invoice
- Completion of administration tasks within a reasonable timeframe
- Processing area transactional data accurately and in line with requirements
- Provide assistance with production of presentations, documents, reports and general correspondence where required
The Ideal Candidate
It is preferred that the successful candidate for the role of Administrator - Highways will be experienced in the following:
- Working collaboratively with the existing team to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Showing a ‘Proud to work for Tarmac’ attitude, building rapport and positive relationships with customers and internal colleagues
- Being ambitious to learn new skills and achieve your own personal goals, as well as business goal
In the role of Administrator - Highways you will also have:
- A passion for safety
- Good interpersonal skills and strong problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication, alongside strong negotiation skills
- Numeracy and analytical ability
- Creativity and imagination to develop the role and our business activities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with good organisational ability
- Good IT skills specifically on spreadsheets, databases, and the ability to adapt to bespoke software packages
In addition to the role of Administrator - Highways we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
#Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #Highwaysadministrator #Commercialadministrator #Engineeringadministrator #Technicaladministrator #Administrator
Tarmac Trading Limited