Finance Analyst - Six month contract
We're looking for a Finance Analyst to support our Finance Director by providing management information, consolidation & reporting for the business.
It's an important role where you will support forecasting future revenue and expenditure which help determine budgets for upcoming projects. The role will also be involved in researching and reporting on financial information, as well as monitoring financial movements and trends.
You'll work as part of a team but be the sole analyst within it. You'll need to analyse and interrogate financial data to provide customised support which supports short and long-term decision-making and problem-solving.
You will be expected to produce regular reports using financial data and will work collaboratively across the entire finance team to analyse business performance and strategy relating specifically to the Contracting business.
The role also supports the preparation of outlooks, budgets and business plans. You'll supports the preparation of annual budgets, rolling monthly business forecasts and quarterly formal outlooks for review
- Provide issues-based financial/business information to the Finance Director which includes tactical and strategic issues around contracting, revenues, margins and profitability.
- Analyse past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Prepare and support the publication of standard materials reporting, including SVP Packs on a monthly basis.
- Support and proactively drive analysis and insight based on experience of issues, underlying performance, and strategic objectives
- Develop business performance modelling, sensitivity analysis, as required, on monthly forecasts, quarterly outlooks and budget.
The Ideal Candidate
We're looking for individuals who can demonstrate the following skills and behaviours:
- Experience of identifying opportunities, negotiating solutions and promoting effective decision making.
- Proven financial management experience in an analytical or decision support role.
- Proficiency with Office365 specifically MS Excel
- Familiarity with data query/data management tools is beneficial (Access, SQL, Business Objects)
- Ability to work in a challenging matrix environment
- Well developed communication skills
- Able to identify and drive process change and improvement
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
You will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including: Bonus scheme Enhanced holiday entitlement Contributory pension scheme Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc. Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice. Training and development opportunities
Tarmac Trading Limited