Are you a school or college leaver, or potentially looking for a change of career? If so; then please read on as we may just have the Apprentice role for you…
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
Come and join us as an Apprentice Electrician at Tarmac, based at our Mountsorrel Quarry close to Loughborough in Leicestershire. You will get hands on experience in various tasks that will help develop your skills, qualify and allow you to progress within the business!
The role is easily commutable from Quorn, Loughborough, Leicester, Melton Mowbray, Coalville, Shepshed, Syston, Glenfield, Ibstock, Sileby, Kegworth, Nottingham, Barton upon Soar, Woodhouse Eaves, Rothley and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As an Apprentice Electrician you will be bringing life to our Quarry and plant Production! Electricians in our business work on heavy machinery and play a critical role in keeping our manufacturing plants functioning. You will be a vital part of the team responsible for making sure all the systems in place are efficient, that daily maintenance is at a high standard, and also producing new ideas to make production more efficient.
Duties may include (not exhaustive):
- General maintenance assistance to the electrician including preparation, installations, inspections, diagnosing faults, testing, repair and maintenance of electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures
- Managing breakdowns on site
- Supporting the implementation of new systems on site for better productivity
- Assist with storage, lifting, fetching supplies, unload and check deliveries
- Receive training so that you can assist with identifying hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair; to ensure compliance with agreed codes, law, working practices and health and safety
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment and ensuring safety comes before anything else!
- Taking pride in all work completed and being determined to succeed!
As an Apprentice Electrician life on site will involve working both inside and outside. It won’t always be glamorous and sometimes you might find yourself in a dusty or confined environment. However, your safety and health is our number one priority and full protective clothing and equipment is provided. Your colleagues are there to help and look out for each other, and safety is everyone’s responsibility.
While learning in your day-to-day role, you will complete our Professional Development Programme, giving you a good grounding to start an exciting career in our industry.
Further details of the qualification can be found here:
*Please note you must be able to travel between site and college for this apprenticeship
**Due to the nature of the role, you must be 18 years of age on or before 31st August 2024 to apply for this Apprenticeship
What you will get from us in the role of Apprentice Electrician
- Your line manager and mentor will give you help and guidance throughout your apprenticeship programme
- Your Operational colleagues, who most of your daily interactions will be with will provide support and knowledge
- Health and Safety Team, always on hand to make sure we are working safely, although safety is everyone’s responsibility!
- Human Resources, here to support the development of your career with Tarmac
- Level 3 qualification in - Installation and Maintenance Electrician
- The training will be both compulsory on site; and attendance to college for this Apprenticeship
The Ideal Candidate
Our people come from a variety of different backgrounds and prior experience isn’t always necessary for success.
Educational Qualifications required for the role of Apprentice Electrician:
GCSEs A-C or numbered equivalent (9-4) in both English and Maths
Please don’t worry if school wasn’t your thing and you are worried about these entry requirements – come and talk to us!
- Safety first mindset
- Practical and hands-on
- Enthusiastic about starting a career in the building materials industry!
- Passionate about working safely
- A team player
- Willingness to learn and develop
In addition to the role of Apprentice Electrician we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #Apprentice #Apprentice2024 #2024Cohort
Tarmac Trading Limited