Asphalt Plant Supervisor - Nightshift
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for an Asphalt Plant Supervisor (Nightshift) to join our fantastic team at our Tarmac Cross Green Asphalt Plant in Leeds, Yorkshire. This role is working 12 hour shifts on a 4 on / 4 off rotation. The role is easily accessible if you live in Leeds, Wakefield, Sheffield, Doncaster and surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, the successful candidate for the role of Asphalt Plant Supervisor (Nightshift) will assist in the safe running of a busy Asphalt plant and quarry. As Asphalt Plant Supervisor (Nightshift) will also be responsible for:
- Operating fixed and mobile plants
- Administrative and compliance duties
- Using computer systems (including Excel and similar platforms)
- Housekeeping tasks and general maintenance assisting the fitting team
- Adhering to Health and Safety policies and procedures and encouraging others to do so
- Supervising a team of Operators and Fitters across both the railhead and asphalt plant
- Regular weekend working
- Work with other Plant Supervisors to ensure the plant is always running to its expected capacity and in line with the manufacturing and production programme
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in the role of Asphalt Plant Supervisor (Nightshift) the ideal candidate will ideally have previous experience of working on Asphalt plants or in the quarrying industry, although this is not essential as full training would be given. Supervisory experience is however essential for this role. Suitable candidates will also:
- Have loading shovel and processing plant operational experience
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be able to liaise with stakeholders of varying seniority levels across Tarmac and CRH business units
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team, providing the motivation to yourself as well as your team to achieve the site production requirements
- Be IT literate – able to use not only the Microsoft suite of packages but also our in-house CRM computer system
- Be flexible in their working approach
- Inspire yourself and your team to progress on both a personal and professional level
The role of Asphalt Plant Supervisor (Nightshift) is working 12-hour shifts on a 4 on / 4 off rotation.
In addition to the role of Asphalt Plant Supervisor (Nightshift) we also offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
#tarmac #tarmaccareers #AsphaltPlantSupervisor #asphaltjobs #plantjobs #supervisorjobs #supervisor #nightshift #nightshiftsupervisor #foreperson #Leeds #Wakefield #Sheffield #Doncaster #crossgreen #westyorkshire #yorkshirejobs
Tarmac Trading Limited
Tarmac Trading Limited