Assistant Accountant - Fixed Assets - Perm
At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry
We're now looking to Recruit an Assistant Accountant to join our team. This is a varied role that plays an internal part within our finance team. The ability to work with internal customers is as important as preparing the accounts themselves.
- Managing stakeholder engagement within and outside of Tarmac, in doing so meeting our internal and external reporting requirements. Act as a business partner with the operational finance teams as well as liaison with internal and external auditors. Be the lead representative for R2R in Business Review meetings.
- Preparing and approve balance sheet reconciliations and journals, IFRS 16 lease accruals and database amendments, Fixed Asset capitalisations and disposals. Partnering with BU stakeholders and SSC teams for effective management of balance sheet risk
- Contributing to a culture of continuous improvement to drive through change, process efficiency and automation.
- Acting as a business partner with the operational finance teams as well as liaison with internal and external auditors. Be a representative for R2R in Business Review meetings.
The Ideal Candidate
You'll be a Qualified or Part-Qualified Accountant, studying towards AAT, ACCA or CIMA. You'll thrive in busy working environments and like to be part of a team. In addition to experience working for an accounting team in a large company, you'll possess the following attributes:
- Experience of working in a Record to Report function or similar
- Be comfortable in preparing both journals and reconciliations to high standard
- Hold a track record of resolving problems from identification through to remediation - we work with many internal customers who appreciate prompt resolutions.
- Understand how internal control frameworks, such as Sarbanes Oxley impact accounting activities.
- Experience of external audit
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
You will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including: Bonus scheme Enhanced holiday entitlement Contributory pension scheme Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc. Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice. Training and development opportunities
Tarmac Trading Limited