Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today, but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Accountant to join Tarmac on a permanent basis. The role will be based at our Solihull Head Office, however please be advised that we currently operate a hybrid home/office working model.
This role will see you join our Record to Report team within our Shared Service Centre, reporting to the Business Accountant. You will work closely with the business to ensure that all entries in the lease database reconciled accurately, and all accruals are managed appropriately, in order to enable accurate and timely reporting for IFRS 16 purposes.
You will also have opportunity to work on a number of key projects, including the transition of Leasing Accounting from Excel to SAP, and working closely with Procure to Pay to drive a number of process improvements. Therefore, this role will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to further develop your stakeholder and project management skills.
This job would ideally suit a part-qualified (ACCA/CIMA) accountant in a similar role, who is keen to further develop their career within a large organisation that is part of a FTSE100 group (CRH Group).
- Delivery of accurate lease accounting information and reports within specified timelines
- Contribute to the development of the Lease Accounting team
- Manage the lease database and any changes made thereon
- Ensure compliance with company policies and Internal controls
- Contribute to the delivery and implementation of leasing software
- Preparation and posting of entries to the general ledger
- Audit queries and Sarbannes Oxley (SOx) control compliance
The Ideal Candidate
- Part Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Finance background gained within large, complex organisation(s)
- Appreciation for financial controls, particularly Sarbanes-Oxley
- Appreciation and experience of application/implementation of accounting standards (IFRS 16 is highly desirable)
- Proven track record of making improvements, troubleshooting and project based work
- SAP and/or Blackline experience is desirable
- Knowledge of IFRS16 Accounting for Leases is highly desirable
- Effective communication skills with people at all levels of the business (written and verbal). This includes strong stakeholder management, with the ability and confidence to communicate effectively.
- Highly organised with a pragmatic and, where needed, flexible approach to achieve deliverables
- Decisive under pressure considering the criticality and urgency of decisions
- Good analytical skills, capable of identifying and solving problems proactively
- Passionate about utilising the potential of IT solutions and Automation to support the business and make existing processes more efficient
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities including: BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited