Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today, but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Accountant to join our finance team here at Tarmac. Although the role will be based at our Solihull Head Office, please be advised that we operate a hybrid working model.
This role represents an excellent opportunity for an aspiring accountant to join a Tarmac, in a role that will offer
a an outstanding introduction to the world of finance within a large organisation that is part of CRH Group - a FTSE 100, £30bn revenue global group.
On a day to day basis, you will take full responsibility for the general ledger accounts within your remit, and reconciliations for your area of the balance sheet. You will also have opportunity to broaden your exposure by contributing to several exciting projects within finance, including process improvements and automation. You will also have opportunity to work closely with a wider range of stakeholders, both within Tarmac and externally.
Upon completion of your probation, you will also have opportunity to join our Finance Development Programme, and will receive full study support towards your chosen professional qualification.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and journals for the Building and Packed Products business, including payroll, direct charges and tax payable accounts.
- Partner with BU stakeholders and SSC teams for effective management of balance sheet risk
- Engage with stakeholders both internal and external to Tarmac, and in doing so meet our reporting requirements.
- Act as a business partner with the operational finance teams as well as liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement, driving accuracy and efficiency.
- Assist with tax and payroll improvement projects as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good analytical skills
- Effective communication
- Financial acumen
- Project management / delivery of timetabled activities
- Be able to work well under pressure
- Possess intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Be a problem solver
You will also:
- Demonstrate rigour in reference to journals and balance sheet controls
- Possess both Internal and External Stakeholder management skills
- Effectively manage your time
- Experience of using SAP and Blackline is desirable
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits, including:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities including: BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited