At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Accountant to join our team based in Portland House, Solihull.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
This role will see you join our Record to Report team within our Shared Service Centre, reporting to the Business Accountant. We are currently looking for an Assistant Fixed Assets Accountant to join our team in Solihull at Tarmac. We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires:
Reporting directly to the Business Accountant for Cash & Capital, you will be responsible for:
- Delivery of accurate fixed asset accounting information and reports within specified timelines.
- Process improvements and automation within the fixed asset team
- Ensure compliance with company policies and Internal controls.
- Contribute to the delivery and implementation of wider Finance projects
- Preparation and posting of entries to the general ledger
- Audit queries and Sarbannes Oxley (SOx) control compliance
This job would ideally suit a part-qualified (ACCA/CIMA) accountant in a similar role, who is keen to further develop their career within a large organisation that is part of an FTSE100 group (CRH Group).
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in the Assistant Accountant role you should be able to demonstrate at least 2 years accounting experience gained within large multi-site and complex businesses.
- Analytical / accounting experience in large multi-site, construction or manufacturing businesses
- Has worked in Record to Report or similar financial teams
- Has a track record of resolving problems from identification through to remediation
- Experience working with external auditors and of an internal control framework, such as Sarbanes Oxley.
- Track record of working to tight timescales
- Drive to continuously improve
- Tenacious with an eye for accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of accounting for fixed assets in SAP would be advantageous
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+ and Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited
Tarmac Trading Limited