Assistant Finance Manager
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today, but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Finance Manager to join Tarmac. Although the role can based either at our Solihull Head Office, or our Mountsorrel site in Leicestershire, please be advised that we currently operate a flexible, hybrid working model.
The ideal candidate will be a nearly or newly qualified accountant, looking to develop their career in a progressive, challenging finance role within a large, complex commercial business. This role offers solid career progression opportunities in a finance function that is currently undergoing an exciting transformation.
In this role, you will work with the Finance Manager to ensure all accounting processes, month end processes, business planning cycles, monthly forecasting and budgets are produced in a timely manner for 7 business areas, with a turnover totalling £200m +.
The successful candidate will partner closely with the business, providing ad-hoc analysis to assist in insight and challenge. You will also conduct contract margin reviews, supporting value chain analysis and enhancing understanding of group profitability. In addition, you will also support CAPEX authorisations, and work closely with the Finance Manager and senior management team to provide critical support as part of decision-making processes and tactical planning.
- Ensure relevant accurate management information is produced and provided to the senior management team and regional finance team
- Ensuring accuracy and integrity of the regional accounting records, assets and liabilities
- Providing support through reviews of the monthly region trading performance, KPIs, performance measures with variance analysis and benchmarking as required
- Support insight, challenge and support in tracking hard delivery of Excellence programme benefits and capital investment delivery across the business
- Provide analysis and deliver insight that links financial reports to business drivers
- Support improving the impact, and understanding, of financial reporting on business performance
- Support robust and accurate forecasts and budgets through review and challenge
- Build partnerships and credible, lasting relationships with all senior managers and their teams and provide financial support to commercial decision making
- Support the presentation of financial performance, full year forecasts and budget variances including understanding financial opportunities and risk
- Provide key support enabling a drive-in partnership with Finance Manager and Senior Management Team the delivery of business financial objectives
- Work closely with the business and finance colleagues to ensure clarity and understanding of business performance
- Support the provision of accurate, timely and compliant accounting information, and ensure controls and governance are adhered to, along with consistent application of accounting policies and procedures
- Improve and develop safety awareness within the finance teams
- Ad-hoc head office projects as assigned
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable finance background with relevant technical skills and experience
- Be a nearly qualified or qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA)
- Ability to work within a complex, matrixed company environment
- Well-developed business partnering skills
- Able to identify and drive process change and improvement
- Computer literate, with knowledge of SAP/BW being advantageous, but not essential
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities including: BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited