Assistant Quarry Manager
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Quarry Manager to join our friendly team in Tunstead, Buxton.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Quarry Manager, the successful candidate will make sure that the daily operation of the quarry is being run to the highest standards of safety and equipment efficiency.
- Assist the manager / supervisors with meeting daily production targets
- Follow SHE policies and procedures
- Ensure Quarry always conforms with safety requirements
- Acting on defects and implement remedial action.
- Assist in the maintenance regime of the Plant
- Ensure that plant availability is maximised
- Managing, training and supporting all departmental supervisors
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate previous Supervisory or Management experience gained within quarry or similar environment. As well as possess good communication and have a real desire in developing your own skills. You will also:
- Have experience of drilling and blasting operations
- Have experience of undertaking risk assessments and developing safe working procedures.
- Have Project Management experience
- Have experience of effective Budgeting and cost control
- Possess change management experience of building successful relationships with internal / external stakeholders, particularly with regard to PR and the local community
- Have responsibility to be “on call” via a rota system with the Production team
- Geotechnical level 3
- CPD record (3 years minimum)
- IOSH Managing Safely
- QCF level 5 or working towards, quarry inspections
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited