Assistant Quarry Manager
Bayston Hill is a High Polished Stone Value (HPSV) Gritstone Quarry close to Shrewsbury, Shropshire which is in high demand for road construction. There are significant reserves and plans are in place to build a new processing plant within the next two years.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
Reporting to the Quarry Manager you will lead, motivate and develop on site team’s working across all sections of Bayston Hill Quarry. You will also ensure that the Quarry is developed safely and operated as effectively and efficiently as possible to ensure that the business achieves maximum value from our extensive reserves, in the short and long term.
You will also work closely with the Bayston Hill Project Team to support the delivery of the new processing plant.
Your main responsibilities will be varied and challenging, but will include:
- Delivering first class Health, Safety and Environmental performance for the quarry operations
- Generating and delivering the annual quarry operating plan
- Working closely with the Quarry Manager and commercial colleagues to ensure that production is targeted at market requirements and achieves maximum value for our extensive reserves
- Delivering performance on KPI’s such as quality, production, cost, energy
- Developing the quarry and processing teams to ensure that we have proper succession plans for key positions
- Ensuring the successful delivery of major capital expenditure
- Stock management across the site
- Delivery and management of continuous improvement action plans to drive improved performance
- Build an inclusive and diverse team and culture
- Play an active community engagement role
The Ideal Candidate
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate previous experience in a management role gained within the quarrying industry.
You will be able to lead, develop and inspire both direct reports and people in your wider organisation to cultivate high performing, competent teams. Your ability to deliver excellent performance and influence internal and external stakeholders to deliver positive results will be fully utilised in this role.
You will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and be in possession of a full UK driving license.
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business. We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team as an Assistant Quarry Manager, you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free uniform and PPE
- Free parking
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Healthcare cashback scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice on a whole range of issues
- Training and development
Our people are the most important part of our business and it is important to us that we invest in their health and safety.
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long term future.
By the way, as part of CRH, our employees have access to a range
of careers within the wider group which operates at over 3,800 locations in 31 countries. CRH generates endless possibilities for individuals who are hungry for that next challenge!
If you share our values and have the drive and enthusiasm to help us fulfil our vision, we would like to meet you.
Tarmac Trading Limited