Assistant Systems Engineer
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Assistant Systems Engineer to join our friendly team at Dunbar Cement Plant.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
In the role of Assistant Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Manage and maintain data systems, hardware solutions and the electrical network across the plant.
- Manage and monitor existing hardware and software automation systems, as well as the integration of electrical equipment and process control instrumentation across the site. They will identify and manage the implementation of improvements to the systems and electrical network, in line with technical standards, operational and safety policy and legislation.
- Monitor, manage and maintain existing systems and installation of upgrades and new control systems and equipment.
- This role is a development role, as such targets will be set to fullfill criteria of a Systems Engineer in a detailed training plan.
- This role is critical to effective site operations. Candidates should be aware that the nature of the role requires at times the ability to work in all weather conditions, working at height and in confined spaces.
- Site operations are 365 days, 24/7 and the role requires flexibility to ensure effective running of the plant. This will require cover through a call out rota which will involve night working, weekend and bank holidays if necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of Assistant Systems Engineer will have experience within an industrial/manufacturing/factory environment in another role as well as:
- Plant experience (desirable)
- HNC in Electrical/Process Control Engineering
- 4 years experience in maintenance or inspection in heavy industry where process control is used extensively
- Excellent knowledge of Siemens PCS7 and S7 systems
- Good knowledge of industrial networks and systems including ethernet, profibus, modbus and ASI systems
In addition to the role of Assistant Systems Engineer we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited