Automation and Control Engineer
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an experienced Automation and Control Engineer to join our friendly team based at Tunstead, Buxton. If you have proven experience of process control and automation engineering, analysing processes and driving efficiency, this could be the role for you.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it is important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the cement plant control and software systems, prioritising safety and health at all times.
- Ensure high levels of programming integrity, taking responsibility for the safe modification and maintenance of plant automation and control systems.
- Ensure robust specification, application programming, testing and commissioning is in place at all times.
The Ideal Candidate
As our ideal Automation and Control Engineer, you will be able to demonstrate solid experience in a similar role and be educated to HND level in electrical/electronic engineering (degree level is desirable).
You will also be / have knowledge of:
- Programming of S7 PLC and control and software systems
- Control system fault knowledge
- Experience working in cement, mining, steel or similar industries is desirable
- Require sound understanding of industrial networks (Profibus and Industrial Ethernet) and a sound knowledge of control systems architecture.
- Knowledge of industrial safety techniques and practices
- Knowledge of industrial maintenance best practices and techniques
- Ability to work in an industrial environment that may include dust, heat, loud noise
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Car or car allowance (role dependent)
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited