Business Administration Apprentice
Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, Tarmac is recruiting for Apprentices in Norfolk, and this could be the ideal role for you. Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainably built environment for the country’s long-term future.
At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK.
The Norfolk Highways Maintenance contract provides us with the opportunity to offer a Business Administration Apprenticeship to support the busy Tarmac team delivering highway maintenance works to Norfolk County Council across the whole of the county of Norfolk. Your role will help coordinate the works to ensure they are delivered within programme, in a safe and timely manner and commercial targets are met.
Reporting into the Office Manager, your fundamental duties will cover a wide range of administrative tasks including:
- Completing daily tasks to deadlines
- Running and collation of reports
- Dealing with queries from the business and having the initiative to resolve these promptly
- Customer service
- Supporting project work
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with all stakeholders, internal and external
You will also be assigned a coach/ mentor you to ensure you fulfil the job role daily and receive the required level of support as part of the apprenticeship programme.
The apprenticeship will be backed up with formal block release training at a Tarmac approved college. In addition to this, we will also provide industry recognised Plant and Health and Safety training.
The Ideal Candidate
- You are expected to achieve or hold a minimum of five GCSE passes at Grade 4 or above, including Maths and English.
- There will be a need to keep a portfolio of the work skills you experience so you need to have knowledge and understanding of basic IT skills.
- You will also need good communication skills as you will work with a variety of stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to be proactive to deliver to deadlines is essential too.
- More importantly though, we are looking for people with a desire and willingness to learn who show passion and enthusiasm for taking responsibility for new tasks and meeting new people.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Highly competitive starting salary
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
- Endless career opportunities after you have completed your apprenticeship as Tarmac are part of the global CRH family
If you feel you have the right aptitude to learn new skills in a working environment with formal college training to excel in the role of Business Administration Apprentice, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited