At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
Due to internal promotion, we are currently looking for an experienced Finance Analyst to join our high performing Strategic Finance team based in Birmingham. Although the role is based at our Solihull Head Office, we are currently employing a flexible, hybrid working model (2 days per week in the office).
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it is important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Working as a member of the Strategic Finance team, the purpose of the Finance Analyst role is to ensure capital is actively managed and accurately reported across UK. The role is closely linked to the operating businesses, to ensure the capital programme be delivered efficiently within budget. You will have a strong input to measuring post project performance to ensure full visibility of actual return on investments.
- Support post project reviews are completed in line with the schedule ensuring a return on investment in line with the original investment.
- Support the integration of standard processes and reporting to ensure an effective and consistent capital approach for capital management exists across the businesses.
- Prepare, reconcile, and manage the capital control document for Tarmac to enable the users of management information to see status on approval, spend and forecast on all Tarmac active projects, including leases.
- Report capital towards CRH in EXQL and reconcile YTD capital spend position to reported Fixed asset additions.
- Consolidate the Tarmac budget requirements for reviews and upload the agreed projects into EXQL per agreed deadlines.
- Review data quality of WBS setup forms as part of the project approval process to ensure smooth project creation in the finance system and its imminent usage by business to allow achievement of their forecasts.
- Review and analyse capital GRIR balance over 8 months with the regional teams to ensure data is being cleansed throughout the year and any audit queries are promptly answered surrounding aged balances.
- Prepare the capital commitments report for a bi-annual SOx review.
- Support the Capital Manager and business partnering with Head of Investments.
- Maintain Tarmac Investment website.
The Ideal Candidate
Ideally you will be part qualified or qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA Accountant with strong business partnering skills and the ability to build relationships both within finance, the leadership team and the operational teams.
- Must be well organised and able to manage multiple tasks and effectively prioritise.
- Good communication skills are key, with the ability to develop relationships in both finance and operational teams across the business.
- Ability to own and develop data collection templates that fit both BU and central financial reporting requirements.
- A strong understanding of financial and accountancy management, administration and relevant accounting standards
- Knowledge of financial ERP systems.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities ( employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+ , Parents & carers, Ability , Wellbeing, Female voice and menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited