Cash Assistant Accountant
So why do you get out of bed in the morning?
Whilst you’re thinking, grab a cup of tea and we’ll tell you why some of our employees do:
“To work with fantastic people” “To feel challenged and have fun” “To feel proud of what I’ve achieved”.
Sounds good doesn’t it?
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our team in Solihull at Tarmac. We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Business Accountant, you will be responsible for:
- Overall ownership of cash accounting processes to include daily upload of bank statement to SAP, posting items to relevant accounts in the general ledger and querying unknown transactions with business stakeholders.
- Performing tasks associated with the preparation and posting of transactions into the general ledger; adhering to strict timetables.
- To identify opportunities for continuous improvement driving accuracy and efficiency across the SSC, assisting the Financial, Control and Planning teams with wider treasury accounting projects where appropriate.
- Completing month end bank reconciliations following Record to Report principles of working, ensuring accuracy, attention to detail and timely resolution of issues thereby ensuring adherence to accounting standards and internal controls.
The Ideal Candidate
This is a varied and rewarding position that requires:
* Track record of working to tight timelines
* Can demonstrate what good looks like when it comes to narrating and evidencing journals and balance sheet reconciliations
* Effective time management of self
* Works with a sense of urgency as required and able to escalate issues confidently
* Customer service orientated
* SAP and/or Blackline system knowledge is desirable
* Effective communication skills with people at all levels of the business
* Works well under pressure
* Intermediate Excel skills due to complex [big] data
* Problem solver
* Tenacity for accuracy and attention to detail
* Good analytical skills
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
25 days holiday
Holiday purchase scheme
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
Training and development opportunities
By the way, as part of CRH, our employees have access to a range of careers within the wider group which operates at over 3,800 locations in 31 countries. CRH generates endless possibilities for individuals who are hungry for that next challenge!
Tarmac Trading Limited