Cash Assistant Accountant
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Cashier to join our friendly team at our Head Office in Solihull. We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Business Accountant you will be expected to contribute to the provision and reporting of effective financial information and management accounting at each month end. This includes the following:
- Overall ownership of cash accounting processes to include daily upload of bank statement to SAP, posting items to relevant accounts in the general ledger and querying unknown transactions with business stakeholders
- Performing tasks associated with the preparation and posting of transactions into the general ledger; adhering to strict timetables
- To identify opportunities for continuous improvement driving accuracy and efficiency across the SSC, assisting the Financial, Control and Planning teams with wider treasury accounting projects where appropriate
- Completing month end bank reconciliations following Record to Report principles of working, ensuring accuracy, attention to detail and timely resolution of issues thereby ensuring adherence to accounting standards and internal controls
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will have worked in Cashier or Collections role previously and have experience of dealing with banks and external customers.
Desirable: AAT Qualified, Part-Qualified (CIMA/ACCA) or Qualified by Experience
- Analytical / accounting experience in large multi-site, construction or manufacturing businesses is highly desirable
- Has prepared both journals and reconciliations to high standard
- Has a track record of resolving problems from identification through to remediation
- Has experience of an internal control framework, such as Sarbanes Oxley
- Has experience of external audit
- Track record of working to tight timelines
- Can demonstrate what good looks like when it comes to narrating and evidencing journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Effective time management of self
- Works with a sense of urgency as required and able to escalate issues confidently
- Customer service orientated
- SAP and/or Blackline system knowledge is desirable
- Effective communication skills with people at all levels of the business
- Works well under pressure
- Intermediate Excel skills due to complex [big] data
- Problem solver
- Tenacity for accuracy and attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited