Chemical Engineering Graduate
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
Our Engineering Graduate Programme offers the perfect blend of personal and professional development, with opportunities for a Graduate Chemical Engineer to join our Cement, Lime and Packed Products Team at our Dunbar site, near to Dunbar town in Scotland. This role is commutable from East Linton, North Berwick, Haddington, Tranent, Prestonpans, Edinburgh, Mayfield, Musselburgh, Corstorphine, Dalkeith, Bonnyrigg, and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we celebrate inclusion and diversity. We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment, where everyone feels they can bring their true selves to work and be given the opportunity to succeed regardless of background.
As part of the UK and Ireland Cement, Lime & Packed division you as a Graduate Chemical Engineer will participate in our 3-year graduate scheme, helping you to make decisions to deliver business impact, present powerfully, communicate effectively and many more key skills. You will play an important role in keeping UK infrastructure moving, contributing towards the successful production of cementitious products. An exciting role where you can see the outputs of your hard work all around you (quite literally!)
Key focus of Graduate Chemical Engineer position, not exhaustive:
- Gain a detailed understanding of cement engineering, manufacturing, and production via a dedicated Tarmac development programme and the CRH international technical programme
- Plenty of chance for some hands-on experience on site, contributing to successful continuous plant performance, and addressing production and process bottlenecks for an improved output, stability and environmental aspects
- Whilst your first 3 years will primarily be based on one Plant you will then be expected to gain valuable experience on Plants across our UK and Ireland Cluster or participate in an exciting international assignment
- Assist in tracking key process parameters and analyse data to optimise plant performance, making recommendations for modifications
- Gain knowledge, understanding and practical application of all safety policies, procedures and practices and be active in leading and driving safety standards and improvements
- Involvement in root cause analysis to understand the associated costs and business impacts resulting from plant un-planned downtime
- Play a key role in important projects to help improve the way we work and deliver added value
- Taking pride in all work completed and being determined to succeed!
What you get from us:
- Your line manager and mentor will give you help and guidance throughout your graduate programme
- The Tarmac Graduate community, who you will collaborate and spend time with throughout your graduate experience
- Your Operational colleagues, who most of your daily interactions will be with
- Health and Safety Team, always on hand to make sure we are working safely, although safety is everyone’s responsibility!
- Human Resources, here to support the development of your career with Tarmac
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful for this role the ideal candidate for the position of Graduate Chemical Engineer will have, or be able to demonstrate:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Willing to work in different locations across UK and Ireland (and international assignments in the future)
- Organisational, Communication and Analytical skills
- Passionate about working safely
- Motivated and loves a challenge
- Enthusiastic about starting a career in the building materials industry!
In addition to the role of Graduate Chemical Engineer we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #Graduate #Graduates #Chemicalengineering
Tarmac Trading Limited