Chemist - Materials Testing
Are you a Chemist and eagerly looking for your next role? Then please read on………
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are recruiting for a Chemist to join the fantastic team at our Tarmac team in Barry, The Vale of Glamorgan.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The successful Chemist will be responsible for be responsible for conducting day-to-day testing and non-routine sampling and testing in order to ensure good management of Quality at Aberthaw Plant.
You will also be responsible for:
- Accurate analysis within the statutory legislation and the internal company Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental standards
- Responsible for setting up, monitoring and calibrating of the XRF and XRD Equipment used for Quality Control at Aberthaw Plant
- Managing procedures for standards and using pressed pellet and fused bead techniques
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of Chemist will have experience of:
- A-Level in Chemistry or equivalent qualifications/experience
- Experience of XRF and XRD techniques, including calibration procedures beneficial
- Competent knowledge of relevant BS-EN standards, ISO9001 and LQTS
Along with the role of Chemist, we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
Tarmac Trading Limited