Civil Engineering Technician
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
Our Civil Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Programmes offer the perfect blend of personal and professional development, with opportunities to join our team at our site in Norwich.
Working as an Civil Engineering Technician in our Contracting teams, you will get exposure to a broad range of roles and responsibilities. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to start out a career in Civil Engineering and learn the ropes from the ground up. Help us build the future!
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
A typical day as an Civil Engineering Apprentice – Contracting will be very varied but typically you could be involved in:
- Develop your knowledge of civil Engineering.
- Working within a dedicated team you will learn from various team members who will actively pass on their wealth of knowledge to support your development, this will include learning and understanding within Engineering; bridge construction, surfacing , fencing , drainage ,signal installation lining and vehicle restraint systems.
- Health and Safety will be a key fundamental in this role, therefore a safety conscious mindset is a must
- Understanding the full commercial elements of the contract including additional works and costing
The Ideal Candidate
As our ideal Apprentice Engineer you will need to be passionate for success, self-motivated and driven, looking to develop your career within this industry, and interested in learning about a wide variety of Infrastructure aspects.
You will have the level 2 functional skills qualification in English and Maths (Level 2 award Certificate, Diploma, ESOL, NVQ or GCSE 'pass' (grade 9-4) equivalent, and science or equivalent or a Level 2 Apprenticeship.
Please note, completion of the apprenticeship will include college attendance which may be in block release or day release therefore travel and time away may be required.
While learning in your day-today role you will complete our level 4 Construction Site Supervisor qualification, giving you good grounding to start a career in our industry. Further details of the qualification can be found at https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/civil-engineering-technician-v1-1
In addition to the role of Graduate Chemical Engineer we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #apprentice #apprentices #civilengineering
Tarmac Trading Limited