Civils Team Leader
Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Civils Team Leader to join our Wastewater Network Repair and Maintenance Framework in North Wales. Initially based on the Repair and Maintenance Framework, we are looking for an experienced individual looking to take the next career step.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of backgrounds
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager and Civils Supervisors, you will be required to undertake urgent, reactive and planned maintenance work on the network, in accordance with the Company procedures and compliant with our Client’s standards.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Supervise the team ensuring all work is delivered safely, compliantly, efficiently and in accordance with legislation/industry and company standards.
- Liaise with Griffiths Streetworks Team to ensure all statutory notices are submitted and closed down in accordance with legislative timescales
- Order plant and materials as required to deliver the task
- Liaise with Traffic Management provider to ensure correct TM is implemented and site cleared
- Ensure a point of work risk assessments are completed on each job/project, so a safe method of working is achieved.
- Working on standby rota ( 1 week in 4) to deliver emergency works out of hours
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a candidate who possesses the following skills:
- Minimum 5 years deep drainage /pipelaying experience Water Hygiene card
- Confined Space working ( C&G Med Risk minimum) Asbestos Awareness
- COSHH awareness
- Temporary Works Supervisor trained
- Basic IT skills
- CAT 4+ trained
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- 360o Excavator <10t (CPCS)
- Streetworks qualified (NRSWA)
- First Aid
- Clean Driving Licence including category C1E
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Car or car allowance (role dependent)
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited