Commercial Lead (QS)
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Lead (QS) to join; and lead our friendly Traffic Management team. This role can primarily be based in either of our offices in Salford; Manchester or in Dewsbury and you will be required to travel across the Northern region; up to the Scottish borders.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the Commercial Lead (QS) you will have worked in a similar industry and will have experience of working on Highways and Infrastructure projects. Other responsibilities for this role will include:
- The estimation, pricing and agreement of Traffic Management Schemes, in various forms of contract including remeasurable and target Cost
- Overseeing the measurement and preparation of valuations
- Preparing and agreeing interim valuations and final accounts
- Recording, monitoring and reviewing the financial performance of contracts
- Managing financial accounts and report to senior management on the regions performance
- Liaising and presenting to the client on the contract/s performance
- Securing payments from customers within the specified contract terms and manage payment of subcontractors
- Administration of Traffic Management schemes in conjunction with operational teams including Early Warning notification and the pricing and agreement of Compensation Events
The Ideal Candidate
It is preferred that the successful candidate for the role of Commercial Lead (QS) is educated to degree level, although other equivalent qualifications or QBE (Qualified by Experience) may be accepted. Prior experience of working in Traffic Management, Highway Maintenance, Highway Construction or general Civil Engineering is essentially preferred.
In the role of Commercial Lead (QS), you will also have:
- A passion for safety
- Experience of using the NEC forms of contract (would be advantageous)
- Drive and ambition to succeed
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication, alongside strong negotiation skills
- Numeracy and analytical ability
- Commercial awareness of sector
- Creativity and imagination to develop the team and role
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with good organisational ability
- Customer driven and focused, with the ability to build relationships.
- Good IT skills specifically on spreadsheets, databases, and the ability to adapt to bespoke software packages
In addition to the role of Commercial Lead (QS) we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited