This role is for J B Riney (part of the Tarmac Business). At J B Riney, our people are our company. J B Riney is a long-established Civil Engineering company who have operated in the Greater London area for nearly 40 years. Working alongside many Local Authorities and Councils, our well-earned reputation is built on local knowledge, reliability, quality products / services and a customer focused delivery.
As part of the national Tarmac business which sits within the global CRH family, the career opportunities are limitless. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry.
Riney are looking for an experienced Commercial Manager to be the leading provider of contractual and legal advice across the business.
Reporting into The Bid Director, you will have overall responsibility for the continuous improvement of the commercial systems and processes.
- Complete contractual / commercial review of tender opportunities including risk register management.
- Manage dispute resolution process in conjunction with relevant contract commercial lead providing advise on strategy/approach and strength of contractual position.
- Provide input in the submission of contractual claims and provide notices required under the contract
- Develop detailed knowledge of key contracts and provide contractual advice to contract teams as required/requested
- Monitor and manage the procurement of control of sub contract labour, provide advice and guidance on Contract & Subcontract terms and conditions
- Advise on effective commercial governance and process across the business.
- Provide commercial training and ensure that legislative change is monitored and disseminated into the business.
- Contract terms amended at tender stage to address unfavourable terms and to reduce/mitigate associated risk
- Management of contractual risk and timely, advantageous and economic resolution of disputes.
- Maximise recovery and mitigate impact of contractual disputes
- Drive contractual compliance and therefore risk mitigation through review/advice
- Ensure strong management of all of our sub contract requirements. Value generation and management of ordering / liabilities
- Compliance with parent company requirements and legislation
- Employee engagement, and improved contract performance and risk management
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have experience delivering demonstrable results in a similar role.
- Higher Education Achievement – Degree in either Construction Law, Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management (preferable)
- Largely qualified by experience related to industry standards
- Member of RICS (desirable)
- Strong NEC / JCT / ICC Conditions of contracts/specification requirements/ method of measurements knowledge
- Dispute resolution
- Process driven
- Analytic ability
- IT Literate Word Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Operational technical Knowledge
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Effective communication skills
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Car Allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited