Are you a passionate and dynamic Commercial Manager looking for your next role? Then have a read of what we have to offer.
At J B Riney, our people are our company. J B Riney is a long-established Civil Engineering company who have operated in the Greater London area for nearly 40 years. Working alongside many Local Authorities and Councils, our well-earned reputation is built on local knowledge, reliability, quality products, services and a customer focused delivery.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Commercial Manager to join, support and lead, thus being the leading knowledge of contractual and legal advice across the business.
As part of the national Tarmac business which sits within the global CRH family, the career opportunities are limitless. We have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry. Interested? Then read more.
Reporting directly to the Contracts Director, you as the Commercial Manager will be required to manage multiple contracts and projects with direct managerial responsibility for your team comprising of Senior Quantity Surveyor’s/Commercial Lead’s, Quantity Surveyor's, Assistant Quantity Surveyor's and Commercial Assistant’s across your operational regional area.
Responsibilities of the role (not exhaustive):
- Provide commercial leadership and management to your area of the J B Riney business, overseeing the measurement and preparation of valuations to maximise financial returns under the provisions of the contract conditions and company procedures
- You will have responsibility for the commercial systems, processes and applications whilst overseeing subcontractor procurement and leading the commercial / surveying teams across your area of the business
- Lend contractual expertise to commercial and operational colleagues at contract level and own monthly / annual cost and value reconciliations, budgets / forecasts and work in progress (WIP)
- Drive procedural and behavioural improvement to increase returns and best practice across the business
- Actively build relationship with customers to secure payments within the specified contract terms and manage overall work in progress, debt and stock. Close management of procurement and sub-contractor accounts.
- Assist the bidding team with pricing and mobilisation of all new contracts and providing guidance on commercial governance of business risk. You will also be responsible for completing contract reviews and risk monitoring
- Management of contractual risk and timely, advantageous and economic resolution of disputes, identifying and minimising on all contracts
- Lead the QS teams across your area of the business to generate a strong team ethos and identify and implement best practice across all the contracts
- Ensure good commercial management and governance on all bids
In this role you will be in liaison with stakeholders across the business’s of J B Riney, Tarmac and CRH
A car/allowance is available with this role and has the flexibility of Hybrid working
You must be able to travel across the region of work
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role of Commercial Manager, you as the ideal candidate will have experience of a similar position within a comparable sector. You will also be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a global company or a similar environment as a Commercial Manager; as well as possess exemplary management, leadership, and communication skills.
- ESSENTIAL - Degree in either Construction Law, Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management or Largely qualified by experience relating to industry standards and/or possess good Higher Education Achievement (HND/HNC Level) – would be considered
- ESSENTIAL - Full UK manual car driving licence – no more than 6 points
- ESSENTIAL - NEC / JCT / ICC Conditions of contracts/specification requirements/ method of measurements knowledge
- Extensive experience using Microsoft and Excel packages
In addition to the role of Commercial Manager with J B Riney we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
J B Riney is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac @JBRiney @Riney #JBRiney #Riney #JBRineyCareers #CommercialManager #SeniorCommercialManager #CommercialDirector #ContractsManager #ContractManager
Tarmac Trading Limited