Are you a passionate and dynamic Contracts Director looking for your next role? Then have a read of what we have to offer.
At J B Riney, our people are our company. J B Riney is a long-established Civil Engineering company who have operated in the Greater London area for over 40 years. Working alongside many Local Authorities and Councils, our well-earned reputation is built on local knowledge, reliability, quality products, services and a customer focused delivery.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Contracts Director to join, support and lead, thus being the leading knowledge of contractual and legal advice across the business. You will be located at Belvedere in Erith, South East London. This role is commutable from Greater London, Woolwich, Dagenham, Dartford, Rainham, Romford, East Ham, Wanstead, Gravesend, Hackney, Romford, Stratford, Orpington, Barking and the surrounding areas.
As part of the national Tarmac business which sits within the global CRH family, the career opportunities are limitless. We have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry. Interested? Then please read on...
Reporting directly to the Business Director, you as the Contracts Director as part of the Riney Leadership Team will contribute to the delivery of the overall business strategy. Provide leadership, guidance and direction to the Contract teams, setting and ensuring all stated objectives, aims and targets are achieved. The Contracts Director will ensure the team maximise financial returns (including profit and cash) and demonstrate leadership and full compliance with safety and business policies and procedures. Drive the Contract commercial strategy, ensuring that quality tenders are submitted and key targeted contracts are secured across our business operations.
Responsibilities of the role (not exhaustive):
- Be fully accountable for ensuring all policies and procedures, including health and safety requirements, are fully complied with and changes are effectively communicated
- Lead the strategic management of assigned contracts
- Play an active role in devising and updating forecasts and budgets for each contract
- Strategically lead, monitor and improve commercial performance in the area (turnover, volume, secured work/extensions)
- Play an active role in the business’ growth ensuring that tenders are submitted and key targeted contracts are won
- Drive operational performance ensuring that all activities comply with safety and business policies and procedures and are delivered within the required budget
- Drive the effective management of any exposure to both financial and contractual risk, maximising financial return on all contracts and ensuring prompt cash collection within contract provisions
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships
- Drive the integration of Riney with Tarmac’s assets in the South East to maximise efficiency and returns for the group
- Drive performance improvements and share best practice across the business
- Effective management and coaching of all direct reports and drive full employee engagement
In this role you will be in liaison with stakeholders across the business’s of J B Riney, Tarmac and CRH
A car/allowance is available with this role and has the flexibility of Hybrid working
You must be able to travel across the region of work
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role of Contracts Director, you as the ideal candidate will have experience of a similar position within a comparable sector. You will have a background to support our vision of success coupled with a strong understanding of the systems and processes required to measure and these benchmark successes. You will have a strong Operational background coupled with commercial and Managerial experience with demonstrable success leading and developing teams.
- ESSENTIAL – Relevant Degree or Largely qualified by experience relating to industry standards and/or possess good Higher Education Achievement (HND/HNC Level) – would be considered
- Management Qualification – NVQ 5 / ILM / NEBS
- CSCS Qualification
- SMSTS / IOSH
- Extensive experience using Microsoft and Excel packages
In addition to the role of Contracts Director with J B Riney we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
JB Riney is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
@Tarmac @JBRiney @Riney #JBRiney #Riney #JBRineyCareers #ContractsDirector #ContractsManager #SeniorContractsManager #Contracts #Director
Tarmac Trading Limited