At J B Riney, our people are our company. The way in which we treat our people – both our employees and the communities in which we live and work.
J B Riney is a long- established Civil Engineering company who have operated in the Greater London area for nearly 40 years. Working alongside many Local Authorities and Councils, our well-earned reputation is built on local knowledge, reliability, quality products and services as well as a customer focused delivery.
We are looking for a Contracts Manager to join our team working in the Harrow area, London.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
A strong candidate is required to help deliver our budgets, programmes and action plans in-place.
As Contracts Manager, reporting directly to the Contracts Director you will be responsible for:
- Driving performance improvement in relations to safety promoting a zero tolerance towards accidents and by instilling a culture of Health and Safety best practice by setting a personal example (ongoing)
- Contributing to the creation of, and be accountable for, the effective delivery of the contract objectives and KPIs and overall Riney Business Strategy
- Leading and ensuring delivery of the Contract
- Delivery of Contract Budget and Forecast
- Driving the effective management of any exposure to both financial and contractual risk, maximising financial return on all contracts and ensuring prompt cash collection within contract provisions
- Developing and maintaining key client relationships
- Working closely with Tarmac to maximise the use of internal products and services on the contract
- Driving performance improvements within the contact and share best practice across the business
- Effective management, coaching and development of all direct reports and drive full employee engagement
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will have previous Contracts Manager experience and possess proven management experience, ideally within the Contracting industry and with experience providing leadership to complex contracts. They will also possess:
- Product / Service Technical Knowledge
- Health & Safety IOSH or equivalent Certified
- IT Literate Word Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Operational technical Knowledge
- Estimating / Costing / Financial Management Systems
- Proven Management experience
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Effective communication skills
- CSCS Qualification
- SMSTS / IOSH
In addition to the role of Contracts Manager we also offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Car Allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@tarmac #riney #contractsmanager #londonjobs
Tarmac Trading Limited