An opportunity has arisen for an Electrician to join our multi-functional maintenance and breakdown team. The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking plant maintenance, repairs and improvements to ensure reliability of all plant and associated areas. They will also be required to assist their team members in all aspects of plant operation as the needs of the business require.
As our ideal Electrician, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a similar Production environment. You will also:
- Possess good communication skills and be numerate
- Be a proficient communicator
- Be a good team player
- Have experience of manual handling
- Have experience of TPM methodology and Continuous Improvement
- Be safety aware of yourself and others
What will I be responsible for?
Reporting in to our Electrical Lead, the successful candidate will be responsible for
- Timely and safe adherence to the maintenance plan
- Responding to plant breakdowns as necessary
- Compliance with all relevant statutory legislation and the internal company Safety, Health and Environmental standards.
You will also take responsibility for:
- Acceptance and creation of Work Orders via CMMS
- Continuous Improvement of plant performance
- Continuous improvement towards safety, maintenance and asset reliability
- Good housekeeping, 5s in the workplace
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business. We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team as an Electrician, you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free uniform and PPE
- Free parking
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Healthcare cashback scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice on a whole range of issues
- Training and development opportunities
Our people are the most important part of our business and it is important to us that we invest in their health and safety.
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long term future.
By the way, as part of CRH, our employees have access to a range of careers within the wider group which operates at over 3,800 locations in 31 countries. CRH generates endless possibilities for individuals who are hungry for that next challenge!
If you share our values and have the drive and enthusiasm to help us fulfil our vision, we would like to meet you.
Tarmac Trading Limited