Engineering Manager | Shared Services
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an Engineering Manager to looks after Critical Services and Projects to join our friendly team based at Linford Building Product Plant, in Stanford-le-Hope, Essex. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it is important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Senior Site Manager, you will maintain continuous production and improve efficiencies through effectively ensuring the site critical services are actively maintained and optimised. You will work with the site leadership team to identify, scope, cost, propose and own the delivery of key site engineering improvement projects.
You will act as an effective hub between the operations, technical and engineering teams demonstrating leadership and supporting the overall performance of all sections of the plant.
- To demonstrate Health & Safety leadership through personal and team behaviours and the development of hard engineered solutions for recurrent safety hazards.
- Be the engineering technical thought leader on site providing challenge, information, and support to senior management team.
- Primary ownership of the sites steam systems plus power and water supplies to maximise their availability and optimise their cost to serve.
- In addition, primary ownership of the sites SCADA electrical control systems, their inspection, governance, and development.
- Be the robust voice for capital engineering projects ensuring deliverables are understood, solutions and costs realistic and subsequent delivery timely.
- Undertake direct line management of your engineering team and actively seek opportunities to expand their services through the internalisation of outsourced activities.
- To ensure out of hours support for areas of responsibility are robust and effective.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven engineering and project leadership experience working within either an Industrial heavy side or fast-paced manufacturing environment.
Communication skills and the ability to influence others is key along with a real desire to develop the sites engineering capability, thinking skills, and understanding of engineering as a value-add activity.
- HNC/HND or higher desirable.
- Recognised apprenticeship preferably Instrumentation and Control.
- Member of a recognised engineering body.
- Project Management experience from concept to delivery.
- Boiler and associated Pressurised Vessels Management Experience.
- In depth knowledge of SCADA systems and Safety Related Control systems.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques
- Computer literate ideally with CAD capability.
- Demonstrate advanced problem-solving capabilities
- Strong presentation, communication, and influencing skills
- A positive, proactive can-do attitude
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited