Engineering Project Manager
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an Engineering Project Manager to join our Cement and Lime Packed Products Team in Ballidon, Derbyshire.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As an Engineering Project Manager, the purpose of this position will be to manage the investment budget on behalf of Tarmac in the supply of Infrastructure required to provide the supply of Aggregate and Ready Mix within the identified projects.
Responsibility will include the safety of site staff and contractors delivering the projects within a CDM environment, responsibility for financial control of the investments ensuring budget constraints and expectations are achieved, ensuring projects deliver all the objectives set out in the initial justification of the investment.
On a day to day basis, the successful Engineering Project Manager's duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Managing engineering projects on behalf of Tarmac ensuring the business works towards zero harm and zero incidents.
- Developing positive working relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Through training mentoring and coaching, develop the skills to ensure that projects are designed to achieve the lowest cost of ownership possible.
- Applying project management and engineering skills to identify opportunities for cost saving in projects and to develop innovative solutions
- Ensuring value engineering principles along with engineering best practice are utilised to drive forward implementation and ensuring compliance
- Driving implementation with best practice engineering solutions
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be in receipt of the following skills:
- Strong project management skills
- Proven record for implementing change within an operational environment through sound business & commercial acumen
- Ability to manage complexity and conflicting priorities
- Understanding of the construction materials business.
- Continuous improvement focus
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and CAD designs
- Engineering degree or equivalent desirable
Tarmac, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited
Tarmac Trading Limited