Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We are now recruiting for an Executive Assistant to be based at our Head Offices in Abergavenny.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As an Executive Assistant, you will provide confidential administrative support, diary and meeting management to the Managing Director and Senior Leadership Team. You will also help organise and coordinate Senior Leadership Team activities and prepare required documents and reports.
On a day to day basis, the successful Executive Assistant's duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Performing confidential administrative and secretarial duties and activities for the Managing Director and Senior Leadership Team
- Attending key meetings to take and circulate minutes, chasing actions and producing reports
- Entering data, maintaining databases, and keeping records on behalf of the Managing Director or Senior Leadership Team up to date
- Managing internal and external correspondence on behalf of the Managing Director and Senior Leadership Team, where appropriate
- Scheduling events and arranging venues/ catering when required
- Making travel arrangements (flights, hotels, trains etc.) where appropriate
- Managing expenses on the company system for the Managing Director and Senior Leadership Team
- Identifying & driving process improvements and efficiencies within the business
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an executive assistant who ideally has prior experience in a similar role and is in receipt of any of the following:
- Confidential & experience of operating with highly sensitive and confidential data/information
- Excellent planning, organisation and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and develop strong trusting relationships internally and externally
- Strong customer facing - front of house skills
- Proactive and driven with a strong desire to deliver and improve processes
Although not essential, having experience of working within the Civil Engineering/construction industry sector would be a bonus.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Full study Package
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited