External Account Manager
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an experienced External Account Manager for our ‘RMX’ Readymix business to join our friendly team based in the heart of the Midlands, covering the Warwickshire and surrounding areas. This role is either home based or a hybrid working role, and is commutable from Warwick, Stratford-upon-Avon, Birmingham, Solihull, Coventry, Sutton Coldfield, Nuneaton, Hinkley, Redditch, Bromsgrove, Banbury and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds, therefore prior technical experience isn’t always necessary for success.
You as the External Account Manager will establish dedicated relationships with external customers to maintain price, volume and profit for the business's key accounts whilst possess the ability to enhance product volumes and profitability through increasing the infiltration of VAPs across the customer portfolio. You will be the ‘face’ of Tarmac to our customers.
Your role as an External Account Manager will include (not exhaustive):
- Be the first and main link between Tarmac and its pivotal customer accounts, providing clear and principled direction which will enhance the customer experience and strengthen relationships for both existing and new customers
- Strategically manage a portfolio of external accounts to deliver against targeted sales volumes, price, and profitability targets
- Identify opportunities to maximise our market position through efficient and effective trading
- Provide the business and the associated departments with external market intel around product demand and mix interest; to support the continual evolution of our strategy approach
- Be at the forefront of any significant RMX projects both existing and new, and devise an advance plan of action to maximise Tarmac potential at securing a programme of works
- Forward prepare the relevant colleagues and teams of the requirements and expectations of key accounts, implementing specific and achievable service level agreements
- Regularly review each account looking for ways to improve and adapt our offering to benefit both Tarmac and our customers
- Continually meet or exceed budget and financial performance through effective account management and cost control, provide the General Manager with monthly key metrics and performance rating reports, identify underperformance or issues with solutions to drive business improvement
- Provide support to Major Project Managers in delivery of major bids through the tender process
The role of External Account Manager can be either home based or hybrid working – a car is also provided with this role that can additionally be used for both business and personal use – you must have a full UK driving license with no more than 6 points
The Ideal Candidate
To succeed in the role of an External Account Manager the following is what we are looking for in a future colleague:
- Formal qualifications are not essential, however relevant experience is required with a proven track record of being able to “add value” is essential in this role
- Demonstration of managing and developing customer accounts
- Commercial understanding
- Working cross-functionally to deliver customer requirements
- Demonstrable experience of utilising commercial tools and forecasts
Skills / Knowledge:
- Influencing skills, negotiation skills, change management skills
- High level of drive and determination with a strong understanding of competitive landscape and an excellent understanding of the regional market
- Able to identify customer needs and build solutions & comprehensive product knowledge
- Confident in the use of IT systems
- A high attention to detail with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Great communication skills with the ability to demonstrate tenacity and resilience when working under pressure
- A desire to grow and be successful
In addition to the role of External Account Manager we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #Salesaccountmanager #Salesmanagement #Accountmanager #Accountmanagement #Externalaccountmanger #Customerservice #Hybridworking #Homeworking
Tarmac Trading Limited