Field Service Engineer
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
Are you a passionate, dynamic, and experienced Field Service Engineer looking for your next role? We are currently recruiting for a new colleague to join our fantastic team here at National Road Planing based in Thatcham, close to Reading in Berkshire. This role is easily commutable from the towns such as Reading, Basingstoke, Newbury, Slough, Burghfield, Maidenhead, Cholsey, Fleet, Tadley, Theale, Wantage, Abingdon, Didcot, Benson and the surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Workshop Foreman, you as the Field Service Engineer will be required to carry out both planned and reactive maintenance across our NRP fleet, this could be local to the M4 corridor or further afield to support the national projects we are whole heartedly engaged within.
Responsibilities of the Field Service Engineer (not exhaustive):
- Carry out scheduled Service Inspections, Servicing and Repairs in compliance with manufacturers specifications and company processes
- Raise jobs for the system, detailing hours and parts used for all service, maintenance and repair work
- Request purchase orders to be raised for parts for stock and suggest any stock holding requirements to management
- Complete handwritten job cards for all reactive/unscheduled work completed
- Recording all actions taken, work to supporting the preventative maintenance plan as required and suggesting improvements to avoid re-occurrence
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping keeping areas clean, tidy and hazard-free and in line with 5S standards
- Respond to breakdowns – this is a an on call role which is expected to be covered every other week outside of normal working hours
The role of Field Service Engineer you must hold a UK Full manual car driving license with no more than 6 penalty points
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role of Field Service Engineer, you as the ideal candidate must also be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a similar environment as a Maintenance Technician / Fitter. As well as having strong independant organisational and communication skills with sound knowledge of operational mobile plant.
- ESSENTIAL - Time served apprenticeship in LGV / Plant / HGV Engineering
- LGV (HGV) licence would prove highly beneficial
In addition to the role of Field Service Engineer we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #FieldServiceEngineer #Plantfitter #Planttechnician #Plantmaintenance #LGVfitter #LGVtechnician #HGVfitter #HGVtechnician #Mechanicalfitter #Mechanicalengineer #Leadfitter #Maintenancetechnician #Maintenancefitter #Maintenanceengineer #Maintenancesupervisor #Leadshiftfitter #Leadengineer #Mechanicaltechnician #Seniormechanicalfitter #Mechanicalsupervisor
Tarmac Trading Limited