Finance Manager – Contracting
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Finance Manager, Contracting to join our team based in Birtley, Newcastle upon Tyne.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
In this role you will manage the provision of the regional financial information and reports as part of the regional finance team as well as leading on the completeness of month end results reporting, but including the business planning cycle, annual budgets, and monthly forecasts. The successful candidate will also provide financial advice, insight, support and challenge as appropriate to both the senior management team and the Regional Head of Finance, to improve overall business performance. You’ll work to support CAPEX schedules including capital expenditure authorisations, project evaluations and forecasts and lead and drive value chain analysis alongside contract margin reviews, for complete end to end understanding of group contract profitability.
In addition you will lead the provision of accurate, timely and SOx compliant accounting information in support of the senior regional team and ensure controls and governance are adhered to and in compliance with company accounting policies. This is a key role working closely with senior management team as a business partner, providing critical support as part of the decision making processes including tactical planning and decisions, importantly providing an impartial conscience acting with integrity. Working closely with business and other finance colleagues to ensure clarification and understanding of business performance & consistent application of accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure relevant accurate management information is produced and provided to the senior management team and regional finance team
- Ensuring accuracy and integrity of the regional accounting records, assets and liabilities
- Review and confirmation of the monthly region trading performance, KPIs, performance measures with variance analysis and benchmarking as required
- To drive insight, challenge and support in tracking hard delivery of Excellence programme benefits and capital investment delivery across the business
- Provide analysis and deliver insight that links financial reports to business strategies
- Improve the impact, and understanding, of financial reporting on business performance
- Ensure robust and accurate forecasts and budgets through review and challenge
- Provide effective support with contract analysis and CVRs with the contracting commercial and senior management team
- Build partnerships and credible, lasting relationships with all senior managers and their teams and provide financial support to commercial decision making
- Present financial performance, full year forecasts and budget variances including understanding financial opportunities and risk
- Mentor, coach and develop assistant business partner
- Drive in partnership with Senior Management Team and Regional Head of Finance the delivery of business financial objectives
- Improve and develop safety awareness within the finance teams
- Ad hoc head office projects as assigned
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified accountant, either formally or through experience with proven operational finance experience
- Demonstrable finance operations background with relevant technical skills
- A proven track record of delivering value through effective execution of the finance and business strategies
- Proven financial accounting background with relevant technical skills
- Computer literate, with SAP/BW skills an advantage
- Ability to work in a challenging matrix environment
- Well-developed management, organisational and communication skills
- Experienced and able to identify and drive process change and improvement
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited