Finance Manager RMX
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for a Finance Manager, RMX who will manage the provision of the regional financial information pertaining to RMX (including HS2 where applicable) and reports as part of the regional finance team. You’ll also lead on the completeness of month end results reporting including the business planning cycle, annual budgets, and monthly forecasts. As the successful candidate you’ll also provide financial advice, insight, support and challenge as appropriate to both the senior management team and the regional head of finance, to improve overall business performance. You’ll work to support CAPEX schedules including capital expenditure authorisations, project evaluations and forecasts and lead the provision of accurate, timely and SOx compliant accounting information in support of the senior regional team and ensure controls and governance are adhered to and in compliance with company accounting policies.
This is a key role, and you will have the opportunity to work closely with the senior management team as a business partner, providing critical support as part of the decision making processes including tactical planning and decisions, importantly providing an impartial conscience acting with integrity. You will also be working closely with business and other finance colleagues to ensure clarification and understanding of business performance and consistent application of accounting policies and procedures.
In this role you will be responsible for a number of tasks including:
- Ensure relevant accurate management information is produced and provided to the senior management team and regional finance team
- Ensuring accuracy and integrity of the regional accounting records, assets and liabilities
- Review and confirmation of the monthly regional RMX trading performance, KPIs, performance measures with variance analysis and benchmarking as required
- To drive insight, challenge and support in tracking delivery of Excellence programme benefits and capital investment delivery across the business
- Provide analysis and deliver insight that links financial reports to business strategies
- Improve the impact, and understanding, of financial reporting on RMX business performance
- Ensure robust and accurate forecasts and budgets through review and challenge
- Provide commercial and operational support to the RMX General Manager and senior management team
- Build partnerships and credible, lasting relationships with all senior managers and their teams and provide financial support to commercial and operational decision making
- Present financial performance, full year forecasts and budget variances including understanding financial opportunities and risk
- Drive in partnership with Senior Management Team and Regional Head of Finance the delivery of business financial objectives
- Improve and develop safety awareness within the finance teams
- Ad hoc head office projects as assigned
The Ideal Candidate
It is likely that the successful candidate will be a qualified accountant, either formally or through experience with proven operational finance experience. In addition you’ll have demonstrable finance operations background with relevant technical skills along with a proven track record of delivering value through effective execution of the finance and business strategies skills. You should also have proven financial accounting background with relevant technical skills and be computer literate, with SAP/BW skills being advantageous. You’ll have the ability to work in a challenging matrix environment and have well developed management, organisational and communication skills. Finally you’ll be experienced in identifying and driving process change and improvement.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited