Finance Manager - Reporting
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for a Finance Manager on a fixed term contract of 15 months to join our friendly Building Products finance team based in Wolverhampton.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, this role’s focus is to provide consolidation and management of monthly reporting, weekly forecasts, quarterly outlooks and the annual budget for Building Products. It involves:
- Managing and maintaining a SOx compliant financial controls framework
- Producing and submitting statutory accounts and industry submissions
- Managing the business planning cycle (Budgeting and Forecasting) and delivering quality and timely submissions in line with business requirements and implementing rolling forecasts with continual assessment of opportunities and risks
- Acting as a key business partner to ensure delivery of the business strategy and budget by providing insight, decision making support and constructive challenge of financial and business performance, including tactical and strategic planning (e.g. project evaluations, performance plans) and leading the financial benefits tracking and validation of strategic initiative programmes
- Managing the finalisation and implementation of financial policy in Building Products across all product lines and ensuring that a robust financial control environment is consistently maintained with embedded risk management leading to the integrity of financial statements
- Acting as first point of contact for external auditors for query resolution
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have strong technical financial knowledge. They must hold or be working towards an accounting qualification such as ACA, ACCA or CIMA and/or be qualified by substantial relevant work experience. Experience in core management accounting, particularly consolidation, control and compliance, is also essential. Excellent planning and communication skills are also vital as are strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels. Finally, previous supervisory/ management experience is also essential as you will lead a small team.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited