At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an experienced Finance Manager to join our highly performing finance team and be responsible for our Contracting business in the Midlands region.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Regional Head of Finance for Midlands, as the successful candidate you will manage the provision of the regional financial information and reports as part of the regional finance team.
You will lead on the completeness of month-end results reporting, business planning cycle, annual budgets, and monthly forecasts. As well as provide financial advice, insight, support and challenge as appropriate to both the senior management team and the Regional Head of Finance, to improve overall business performance. This is a key role, importantly providing an impartial conscience, acting with integrity
The Finance Manager role will cover: Regional Pave business; National Road Planing; Pavement Solutions; Highways Services; Traffic Management and Tarmac Infrastructure, including HS2 projects and the Tarmac Roadstone Joint Operation (‘TRJO’).
Key tasks and responsibilities;
- Ensure relevant accurate management information is produced and provided to the senior management team and regional finance team
- Provide analysis and deliver insight that links financial reports to business strategies.
- Ensure robust and accurate forecasts and budgets through review and challenge.
- Build partnerships and credible, lasting relationships with all senior managers and their teams and provide financial support to commercial decision making
- Consolidate the financial reporting of the multiple business lines that are reported under the Midlands Contracting banner.
- Mentor, coach and develop assistant business partner.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate a proven track record of delivering value through effective execution of the finance and business strategies. They will be a qualified accountant, either formally or through experience with good knowledge of finance operations including relevant technical skills.
- Proven financial accounting background with relevant technical skills
- Computer literate, with SAP/BW skills an advantage
- Ability to work in a challenging matrix environment
- Well-developed management, organisational and communication skills
- Experienced and able to identify and drive process change and improvement
In addition to the role of Finance Manager we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited