At Griffiths, our people are our company. The way in which we treat people – both our employees and the communities in which we live and work – is a core value that has driven our continued growth over the past five decades.
We are a Welsh regional civil engineering and construction contractor with our head office based in Abergavenny. Operating out of regional centres across Wales and England we construct new roads, bridges and railways as well as maintaining existing developments.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We are currently looking to recruit a Framework Manager to join our team in South Wales on our South Wales Trunk Road Agency SWTRA Framework.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Leading our South Wales Trunk Road Agency Framework, the Framework Manager will report to the South Wales Operations Director and has a responsibility for ensuring that the Projects are accurately priced, delivered on time and to budget in a safe, environmentally friendly manner and to the high quality standards expected by this key Client. They will also:
- Engage with the Client and Consultancies during the ECI phase.
- Liaise with Preconstruction Manager to build accurate and robust quotations with due allowance for associated contract risks.
- Develop agreed programmes and methodologies during the ECI phase along with accurate cost/value analysis.
- Become a Framework expert offering a high level of service to this key Client. Ensure Alun Griffiths comply with all Client and legal obligations throughout the duration of the projects.
- Comply and implement the companies Integrated Management System procedures and guidance and promote its implementation with the Project Team.
- Develop a proactive working relationship with Clients and Consultants and report any potential issues or opportunities to the Operations Director.
- Familiarise themselves with all Contract Documentation and Drawings including Company Management Plans to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of the Project.
- Identification and development of temporary works at tender stage. Implementation of company temporary works standards during delivery.
- Monitor delivery of the project, identifying risk and opportunities to optimise project delivery through the development and management of a Project Risk Register for wider programme issues, ensuring that the Agents develop and manage their section specific Risk Registers for local issues.
- Ownership of overarching Framework programme ensuring adequate management and direct labour resource. Ensure that subcontractors are procured in line with Framework programme taking into account lead times by developing procurement schedule with the Senior QS.
- Attend Framework level progress meetings. Attend scheme specific progress meetings where appropriate.
- Maintain Training Matrix for direct reports.
- Undertake Senior Management Tours on sites promoting a strong safety culture.
- Chair internal team meetings and delegate workload.
- Promote and lead the site safety culture, ensuring that all works are carried out in a planned, controlled and safe manner, in accordance with statutory regulations, current standards, and the Company SHEQ standards.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a candidate with previous Project Management experience within an operational environment who possesses the following skills/experience:
- Extensive experience of the Civil Engineering industry particularly working on the Trunk Road Network. Strong understanding of Traffic Management is essential.
- Collaborative worker with excellent problem solving skills with the ability to think dynamically.
- Strong personal and organisational skills and able to juggle a varied workload and prioritise accordingly.
- Strong communication and IT skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- To be self-motivated and be able to lead a team.
- To be responsive to the needs of internal and external customers and colleagues
- Preferably a further education qualification e.g. Degree or HND/HNC (ideally relatable to Civil Engineering)
- CSCS qualification
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Company Car/Allowance
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited