At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a GIS Technician to join our friendly team based in Quorn House, Loughborough. This role will provide hybrid working.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it is important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
In the role of GIS Technician you will be responsible for mapping and data across the Tarmac business as well as:
- Creating drawings and plans to meet the varying needs of internal and external clients – including tenancy, sale, restoration, earthworks and others
- Managing and maintaining the departmental GIS master dataset
- Maintenance of the companies GIS mapping services in ArcGIS Online/Portal
- Undertaking data management, update and conversion tasks
- Identifying problems and provide input, advice and implementation as appropriate of GIS-based solutions
- Assisting with the development, deployment and maintenance of the GIS platforms and apps to fulfill the needs of our different project teams
- Working with Land & Natural Resources and the wider business to maximise value from outputs and investigate innovative ways to apply geospatial solutions with data coming from different sources
The Ideal Candidate
For the role of GIS Technician, we are looking for someone with a geographical background who can analyse and utilise data. You will also need experience of:
- Experience of ArcGIS (desirable) or the willingness to learn how to use ArcGIS (essential)
- Stakeholder management skills – ability to relay information and datasets to key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in GIS or Geography, or related subject
- Knowledge of Land, Data and Mapping and L&NR.
- Knowledge of L&NR’s primary Data systems inc. GIS, LIS, CoreDB, ESRI
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills, the ability to communicate and collaborate a vision and motivate
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build, develop and influence relationships through collaboration
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A good level of financial understanding and awareness.
- Proven problem identification skills coupled with an analytical and pragmatic approach to proposing solutions
- Knowledge of wider business functions and key business issues
In addition to the role of GIS Technician we also offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities ( employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+ , Parents & carers, Ability , Wellbeing, Female voice and menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tamac, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited