Ganger / Team Leader
Are you a Ganger / Team Leader looking for your next permanent role? If this is you then please read on as we may just have the role for you……
Founded in 1968, Griffiths are a sustainable Civil Engineering Contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
We are currently looking for a Ganger / Team Leader to join and lead our team in Pontypridd.
Due to the nature of the role, we are open to applications from candidates who live in; or can commute from some of the following areas: Chespstow, Caldicot, Newport, St Mellons, Cardiff, Penarth, Barry, Llantwit Major, Porthcawl, Swansea, Tonypandy, Aberdare, Merthyr Tydfil, Mountain Ash, Ebbw Vale, Abergavenny, Brynmawr, Blaenavon, Abertillery, Pontypool, Cwmbran, Newport, Raglan, Usk.
As part of a global business in CRH and a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC, the career opportunities are limitless. We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Please note we are also open to applications from individuals and established Gangs for these roles.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager and Civils Supervisors, the Ganger / Team Leader will be required to undertake urgent, reactive and planned maintenance work on the network, in accordance with the Company procedures and compliant with our Client’s standards.
Key responsibilities for the Ganger / Team Leader role will include:
- Lead their team ensuring all work is delivered safely, compliantly, efficiently and in accordance with legislation/industry and company standards
- Liaise with the Griffiths Streetworks Team to ensure Streetworks Notices are updated and closed down
- Order plant & materials as required to deliver the task
- Liaise with Traffic Management provider to ensure correct TM is implemented and site cleared
- Ensure a point of work risk assessments are completed on each job/project, so a safe method of working is achieved
- Working on standby rota (1 week in 4) to deliver emergency works out of hours
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a Ganger / Team Leader who possesses the following skills:
- Minimum of 5 years Deep drainage / pipelaying experience
- Water Hygiene card
- Confined Space working (C&G Med Risk minimum)
- Asbestos Awareness
- COSHH awareness
- Temporary Works Supervisor trained
- CAT 4+ trained
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- 360deg Excavator <10t (CPCS)
- Streetworks qualified (NRSWA)
- HGV / LGV – desirable although not essential
You must hold a FULL UK manual car driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points
For the successful Ganger / Team Leader, we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
@Alungriffiths #Alungriffiths @Tarmac #Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #Alungriffithscareers #Gangersupervisor #Gangerleader #Teamleader #Streetworkssupervisor #Streetworksteamleader #Civilengineering #Streetworks
Tarmac Trading Limited