At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a General Operative to join our team at Parkstone Asphalt plant in Poole.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Unit Manager you will be responsible for the daily operation of the Asphalt plant. You will also be responsible for the operation of the weighbridge (daily and more frequent if covering absence). There will also be an administrative requirement with this role. Other accountabilities will include:
- Meeting customer demand with high quality material and service
- Operating mobile plant as and when required
- General maintenance and housekeeping of the plant
- Adhering to on-site Health and Safety policies and procedures at all time
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will ideally have experience of a similar role within the Construction industry. You will also:
- Have a good understanding of the Asphalt production process
- Ideally have experience of operating mobile plant
- Have experience of working within an office environment (desirable)
- Have good communication skills
- Be able to work individually and as part of a team
- Be IT Literate (Microsoft Office)
- Be able to work within set timeframes
- Be motivated
- Be flexible in your working approach
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited