At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a General Operative to join our friendly team based at Howick Quarry.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As well as on site production tasks there will be a requirement with this role for the successful candidate to operate the weighbridge.
As the successful candidate, you will be a part of the Quarry Operative team which produces aggregates, hardstone and asphalt for the construction industry. Other responsibilities associated with this role include:
- Operating the weighbridge
- Ticketing inbound and outbound material ensuring trucks are safely loaded
- Working with our distribution team to ensure all delivered loads are dispatched on time
- Health and Safety – adhering to onsite policy and procedures for your own safety and for the safety of others
- Operation of mobile plant, shovels and articulated dumpers, loading trucks and feeding material for the asphalt plant
- Housekeeping/Cleaning duties and other associated general duties within the site
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Quarry or similar environment within a similar role. Other requirements would include:
- Being flexible
- Exterience of weighbridge operating is ideal
- Exerience of operating mobile plant is ideal
- Working effectively as part of a team
- Being self-motivated
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Risk Assessments
- Forklift truck driving experience with licence is desirable
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited