At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a General Operative to join our friendly contracting team based in Rand, Market Rasen, Lincolnshire.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Duties of the General Operative will include the day-to-day operations as per the daily/weekly plan. The role is to operate within Health and Safety guidelines; whilst meeting work demands. Working to keep general housekeeping to a high standard in your daily work.
The successful candidate in the role of General Operative will specifically focus on operational tasks including:
- Working with aggregates on-site and operating machinery (including dumpers and loading shovels).
- Day to day maintenance, maintaining the highest levels of housekeeping
- Maintenance and driving a culture of zero harm and behavioural safety
- Compliance and awareness Health and Safety measures around the site
The Ideal Candidate
As part of an operational team, you as a General Operative will be able to demonstrate proven experience of working within a similar environment. You will also:
- Have knowledge of the industry and ideally of quarrying
- Be flexible
- Be self-motivated
- Be able to work as part of an effective team and motivate others
- Have knowledge of Risk Assessments
- Have knowledge of SSOW (HIRA) and Permit systems (preferred but not essential)
- Be compliant and engage with company policies, targets, goals and standards
- Be IT literate
In addition to the role of General Operative we also offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited