At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a General Operative to join our friendly team based at our Jericho Bridge Quarry at Locharbriggs near Dumfries. As well as Dumfries, this site is accessible from Lockerbie, Annan, Castle Douglas, Thornhill and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As General Operative you will work as part of the Multi-Skilled Operative team which produces dry aggregates material for the construction industry. As well as delivering best in class Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality performance for our Plant operations.
In this role you will specifically focus on operational tasks including:
- Working with aggregates on site and operating machinery as per the role of General Operative
- Day to day maintenance, maintaining the highest levels of housekeeping
- Maintenance and driving a culture of zero harm and behavioural safety
- Compliance and awareness Health and Safety measure around the site
- Training and operation on static plant operations to help drive plant optimisation
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as an operative or labourer. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both operative and supervisory skills.
As part of an operational team, the General Operative will be able to demonstrate proven experience of working within a similar environment. You will also:
- Have knowledge of the industry and ideally of quarrying
- Be flexible and able to work as part of an effective Multi-Skilled Operative team
- Be self-motivated and able to motivate other colleagues in the team
- Have knowledge of Risk Assessments within role of General Operative
- Have knowledge of SSOW (HIRA) and Permit systems (preferred but not essential)
- Be compliant and engage with company policies, targets, goals and standards
In addition to the role of General Operative we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Training & Development
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Industry Leading Maternity & Paternity Policies
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #GeneralOperative #Quarryjobs #Operativejobs #MultiSkilledOperative
Tarmac Trading Limited