At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a General Operative to join our friendly team based at Tarmac Stancombe Quarry & Asphalt Plant, Flax Bourton, BS48 3QD.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The role of General Operative is part of a key team of Operatives producing dry aggregates material for the construction industry. As well as delivering best in class Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality performance for our Plant operations.
You will specifically focus on operational tasks including:
- Working with aggregates on site and operating machinery (including dumpers and loading shovels)
- Day to day maintenance of the plant, maintaining the highest levels of housekeeping
- Training and operation on static plant operations to help drive plant optimisation
- Working with other members of the team to ensure that customers get good quality material and on-time deliveries
- Operating various mobile plant
- Undertaking site safety and geotechnical and maintenance inspections - as part of the wider team
- Maintaining and driving a culture of zero harm and behavioural safety
- Compliance and awareness Health and Safety measure around the site
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate as General Operative will be able to demonstrate proven experience and knowledge working within a similar aggregates environment or an Industrial or Factory environment as an operative or labourer. Suitable candidates will have:
- Previous experience or quarrying and mobile plant operation preferred
- Good communication skills
- Be flexible and able to work as part of an effective quarry operational team
- Be self motivated and able to motivate other colleagues in the team
- have a real desire in developing both operative and supervisory skills.
- Have knowledge of Risk Assessments within role of operative
- Good timekeeping – flexible as to the quarry requirements
- Proactive and happy to raise any safety concerns with Management
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Mobile Plant licences preferred but not essential
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited