At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an Operative to join our friendly team based at Bayston Hill Quarry in Shrewsbury. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The successful candidate in this role will specifically focus on operational tasks including:
- Activities which involve operating mobile plant and cleaning operations
- Day to day maintenance, maintaining the highest levels of housekeeping
- Maintenance and driving a culture of zero harm and behavioural safety
- Compliance and awareness Health and Safety measure around the site
The Ideal Candidate
As part of an operational team, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience of working within a similar environment. You will also:
- Have knowledge of the industry and ideally of quarrying
- Be flexible
- Be self motivated
- Be able to work as part of an effective team and motivate others
- Have knowledge of Risk Assessments
- Have knowledge of SSOW (HIRA) and Permit systems (preferred but not essential)
- Be compliant and engage with company policies, targets, goals and standards
- Be IT literate
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited