General Quarry Operative
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a General Quarry Operative to join our friendly team based at Tarmac Marfield Sand & Gravel Quarry, Masham near Ripon. The base site is easily accessible from Masham, Ripon, Thirsk, Bedale, Harrogate and surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The role of General Quarry Operative is part of a key team of Operatives producing dry aggregates material for the construction industry. As well as delivering best in class Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality performance for our Plant operations, as General Quarry Operative you will specifically focus on operational tasks including:
- Working with aggregates on site and operating machinery (including dumpers and loading shovels)
- Day to day maintenance of the plant, maintaining the highest levels of housekeeping
- Training and operation on static plant operations to help drive plant optimisation
- Working with other members of the team to ensure that customers get good quality material and on-time deliveries
- Operating excavator
- Loading shovel (mobile Plant) – preferred but not essential
- Maintaining and driving a culture of zero harm and behavioural safety
- Compliance and awareness Health and Safety measure around the site
The Ideal Candidate
Suitable candidates for the role General Quarry Operative will be able to demonstrate proven experience preferably working within a similar aggregates environment or an Industrial or Factory environment as an operative or labourer. You will also possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both operative and supervisory skills.
As part of an operational team, the ideal candidate for the role of General Quarry Operative will also:
- Have knowledge of the industry, Plant and ideally of quarrying
- Possess experience of operating excavators
- Previous experience in mobile Plant operations preferred (including loading shovel and dumper)
- Be flexible and able to work as part of an effective Quarry Operative team
- Be self motivated and able to motivate other colleagues in the team
- Have knowledge of Risk Assessments within role of operative
- Have knowledge of SSOW (HIRA) and Permit systems (preferred but not essential)
- Good timekeeping – flexible as to the Units requirements
- Good communication skills – bringing problems to the attention of Line Management
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Be IT literate
- Excavator licence essential
- Shovel licence – preferred but not essential
- Rigid dump truck licence - preferred but not essential
As well as the role of General Quarry Operative we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #QuarryJobs #northyorkshirejobs #generaloperative #generalquarryoperative
Tarmac Trading Limited