General Quarry Operative
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a General Quarry Operative to join our friendly team based at Tarmac Dunain Mains Sand and Gravel Quarry in Inverness.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The role of General Quarry Operative is part of a key team of Operatives producing dry aggregates material for the construction industry. As well as delivering best in class Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality performance for our Plant operations, as General Quarry Operative you will specifically focus on operational tasks including:
- Working with aggregates on site and operating machinery (loading shovel)
- Day to day maintenance of the plant, maintaining the highest levels of housekeeping
- Training and operation on static plant operations to help drive plant optimisation
- Working with other members of the team to ensure that customers get good quality material and on-time deliveries
- Weighbridge duties
- Undertaking site safety and geotechnical and maintenance inspections - as part of the wider team
- Maintaining and driving a culture of zero harm and behavioural safety
- Compliance and awareness Health and Safety measure around the site
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role General Quarry Operative will be able to demonstrate proven experience and knowledge working within a similar aggregates environment or an Industrial or Factory environment as an operative or labourer. Suitable candidates for the role of General Quarry Operative will have:
- Previous experience or quarrying and mobile plant operation preferred
- Good communication skills
- Be flexible and able to work as part of an effective quarry operational team
- Be self motivated and able to motivate other colleagues in the team
- have a real desire in developing both operative and supervisory skills.
- Have knowledge of Risk Assessments within role of operative
- Have knowledge of SSOW (HIRA) and Permit systems (preferred but not essential)
- Good timekeeping – flexible as to the quarry requirements
- Proactive and happy to raise any safety concerns with Management
- Full UK Driving Licence
- IT literate preferred (however training provided)
- Mobile Plant licences preferred but not essential
In addition to the role of General Quarry Operative we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Training & Development
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Industry Leading Maternity & Paternity Policies
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #GeneralQuarryOperative #Quarryjobs #Operativejobs #craigdunainjobs #Invernessjobs #GeneralOperative #MultiSkilledOperative #shovellicence #escavatorjobs
Tarmac Trading Limited
Tarmac Trading Limited