Ground Lime Plant Operative
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for a Ground Lime Plant Operative to join our fantastic team based at Tunstead Quarry, Derbyshire.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting in to our Plant Supervisor, the successful Ground Lime Plant Operative, will be responsible for actively participating and taking ownership of activities to ensure plant safety(own and colleagues), plant availability, production output and quality.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Operate the Ground Lime Plants and load vehicles manually and remotely.
- Operate the plant safely, in an environmentally compliant manner and in the most efficient way to achieve the production output targets.
- Understand the quality parameters and ensure the product complies with customer requirements.
- Be accountable for the Operational Performance of plants including loading, 24 hours a day all year round.
The Lime Operation is a continuous Chemical process and manufactures quick lime, ground lime, hydrated lime, slaked lime and bagged product. All products are dispatched by road around the clock.
To satisfy customer demand by fully executing the production Schedule, Safely.The Ground Lime Operator is responsible for generating process data and information and recoding in appropriate systems.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a similar production environment.
Role specific requirements;
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Team player, within own team and with other teams
- Owns problems and drives towards solutions
- Physically fit
- Must be flexible, self-motivated and possesses a positive mindset in their approach to work.
- Must have a safety first mentality and a commitment to maintaining and improving health, safety and
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited